A SAMPLE OF DOUG MOE'S ARTICLES
Doug Moe has worked as a journalist and author for more than 40 years. He writes a monthly column for Madison Magazine and a weekly blog for its website. Doug also regularly contributes to Milwaukee Magazine, On Wisconsin Magazine, Our Wisconsin Magazine and Isthmus. As a daily columnist for 18 years with The Capital Times and Wisconsin State Journal, he authored more than 4,000 columns. Doug has won numerous awards for his writing, including being named “Best Digital Columnist’ by the Milwaukee Press Club and being voted best local writer or columnist more than a dozen times.
Follow Doug on Social Media
- "A Good American Son," Isthmus, May 2, 2019. A profile of author David Maraniss and his newest book which discusses his family's story in "A Good American Family."
- "From Madison to Hollywood: Waunakee's Mike Moh set to star in Quentin Tarantino film," April 26, 2019. Local martial arts instructor lands major role playing Bruce Lee in "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood."
- “The Real Mike Koval,” Madison Magazine, March 2017. A profile of the Madison police chief. Finalist for a national city and regional magazine competition for best profile.
- “Everybody Loves Dean,” Milwaukee Magazine, May 2016. Profile of “Making a Murderer” attorney Dean Strang.
- “Soul Finale,” Isthmus, Dec. 6, 2018. Recalling Otis Redding’s fatal plane crash on its 50th anniversary.
- A Big Bounce Back,” On Wisconsin, Spring 2018. How UW football star Brandon Williams came back from financial distress.
- “Young and Pious,” Madison Magazine, December 2017. Profiling three Catholic priests just as they join the clergy.
- “A Deadly Blast,” Milwaukee Magazine, November 2017. Recounting a bombing at the Milwaukee police station on its 100th anniversary.
- “Making Her People Proud,” Milwaukee Magazine, August 2017. A profile of Kristy Yang, the first Hmong-American woman to be elected judge in the United States.
- “Swingman,” Milwaukee Magazine, July 2016. Recalling the legendary golf professional Manuel de la Torre.
- “Transgender Trailblazer Makes Military Mark,” Madison Magazine, October 2016. Profiling Sheri Swokowski, the first woman to legitimately wear a U.S. infantry uniform. Bronze Award for best short feature story in the 2016 Milwaukee Press Club Excellence in Wisconsin Journalism competition.